Praxis South includes the Dioceses of Canterbury, Chichester, Guildford, London, Portsmouth, Rochester, Salisbury, Southwark and Winchester.
Events for 2021
Lamenting the past, embracing the future
For resources from this event, see our Resources page
Daily Prayer: An Ancient Tradition for Modern Times?
Thursday 14th October 2021; 11.00am -3.30pm and hosted on Zoom
A day with three inputs and opportunities for discussion reflecting on:
- how recent experience adds to our understanding of creativity in increasing widespread appeal
- the development and scriptural foundations of Daily Prayer, especially the canticles and the lectionary
- the significance of Daily Prayer in building community, physically and online
This event will now be livestreamed on Zoom, as were our last two events. Plans to hold it in London have been abandoned because of continuing concerns over the on-going Covid situation.
The cost, £7 for non-members and £5 for members and those in training for ordination or licensed lay ministry.
Speakers: The Very Rev'd Dr Robert Willis, Dean of Canterbury: New Every Morning: Daily Ministry During the Pandemic.
The Rev'd Dr Jeremy Law, Dean of Chapel, Canterbury Christ Church University: Living in God’s Story: the origin and purpose of the Daily Offices.
To book, please use this downloadable booking form and send it off with your payment or else use our on-line booking form and separately make a BACS payment, using the account details on the downloadable PDF form.
Contact The Reverend Peter Furber
- Chair: The Reverend Canon Norman Boakes - Winchester
- Vice Chair: The Reverend Peter Furber - Praxis
- Secretary: Dr Ursula Hodges - Southwark
- Treasurer: Hilary Spurgeon, Lay Canon - Portsmouth
- Committee Member: Rosemary Walters, Lay Canon - Canterbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Ann Pollington - Canterbury
- Committee Member: Mr Frank Conley - Canterbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Michael Boag - Chichester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Christopher Powell - Chichester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Stuart Thomas - Guildford
- Committee Member: The Reverend Nick Parish - Guildford
- Committee Member: Vacant - London
- Committee Member: The Reverend Steve Mason - London
- Committee Member: vacant - Rochester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Anna Macham - Salisbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Richard Curtis - Salisbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Dr Gordon Jeanes - Southwark
- Committee Member: The Reverend Jax Machin - Winchester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Sue Wallace - Transcendence
The South region