Praxis South includes the Dioceses of Canterbury, Chichester, Guildford, London, Portsmouth, Rochester, Salisbury, Southwark and Winchester.
Events for 2021
Lamenting the past, embracing the future
12 May, start 11.10am - c.2.50pm
This will be a day to explore how liturgy helps us express grief and hope during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Speakers from hospital, parish and cathedral contexts will share experiences of providing comfort, support and hope through Liturgy in their own particular setting. There will also be a chance for participants to talk together about their hopes and ideas for liturgy during this time of grief and recovery.
This will be an on-line event via Zoom, following our sucess with that medium in the Autumn.
Cost £7 for non-members, £5 for members, ordinands and those training for a recognised lay ministry.
Speakers: Canon Anna Macham, Precentor - Salisbury Cathedral, The Reverend Bryony Taylor, the vicar of Barlborough and Clowne in Derby Diocese and The Reverend Tim Coleman, Trust Chaplain at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and King George Hospital, Ilford - Responding to grief and loss in a hospital.
Further details to follow.
To book, please use this downloadable booking form and send it off with your payment or else use our on-line booking form and separately make a BACS payment, using the account details on the downloadable PDF form.
Contact The Reverend Peter Furber with any queries.
Daily Prayer: An Ancient Tradition for Modern Times?
Thursday 14th October 2021
A day with three inputs and opportunities for discussion reflecting on:
- how recent experience adds to our understanding of creativity in increasing widespread appeal
- the development and scriptural foundations of Daily Prayer, especially the canticles and the lectionary
- the significance of Daily Prayer in building community, physically and online
It is planned that, unless the covid situation changes, this event is held at Holy Trinity, Sloane Square, London and also livestreamed.
The cost will be £20 for non-members and £15 for members. Those in training for ordination or licensed lay ministry are welcome to join us without any fee.
Speakers: To be announced.
- Chair: The Reverend Canon Norman Boakes - Winchester
- Vice Chair: The Reverend Peter Furber - Praxis
- Secretary: Dr Ursula Hodges - Southwark
- Treasurer: Hilary Spurgeon, Lay Canon - Portsmouth
- Committee Member: Rosemary Walters, Lay Canon - Canterbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Ann Pollington - Canterbury
- Committee Member: Mr Frank Conley - Canterbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Michael Boag - Chichester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Christopher Powell - Chichester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Stuart Thomas - Guildford
- Committee Member: The Reverend Nick Parish - Guildford
- Committee Member: Vacant - London
- Committee Member: The Reverend Steve Mason - London
- Committee Member: vacant - Rochester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Anna Macham - Salisbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Richard Curtis - Salisbury
- Committee Member: The Reverend Dr Gordon Jeanes - Southwark
- Committee Member: The Reverend Jax Machin - Winchester
- Committee Member: The Reverend Canon Sue Wallace - Transcendence
The South region